An exciting role as Second Shift Reactor Room Chemist Level I, based in Danbury, Connecticut.
This function provides processing operations related to production of organic chemicals using synthetic chemical methods and related support systems. This involves a range of activities including:
- Sets up and adjusts chemical production equipment. Operates heating, cooling, and vacuum and pressure systems.
- Transports, weighs, mixes, and pumps chemical materials.
- Proper monitoring of processing steps to ensure product quality, lot consistency and yields.
- May calculate materials needed for reaction.
- Controls process parameters through proper adjustments of feed rates, cooling and/or heating.
- Uses analytical equipment for assessing in-process and final product status. Understands principles of operation of the analytical equipment and, with supervision, interprets results.
- May prepare test results or reports as directed.
- Maintains an organized and clean work area.
- May order equipment and/or raw materials.
- Maintains all necessary production, safety, inventory, training and other records and/or logs as required, in written and/or computer format.
- Complies with all BRI environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of organic and analytical chemistry.
- BS in Chemistry or related field and one to five years’ experience in chemical production work.
- Ability to use interchangeably metric and U.S. standards of weights and measures and its application in determining molar quantities.
- Knowledge of piping and valve operations to control processes.
- Ability to conduct gas chromatographic analyses and interprets results.
- Skill in the operation of chemical production equipment.
- Skill in the use of physical and chemical analyses and interpretation of results.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.