An exciting role as a Small Scale Chemist Level 1, based in Danbury, Connecticut.
This function provides routine chemical analysis, reaction, work-up, and distillation of products and intermediates. This involves a range of activities including:
- Start-up and shutdown of continuing processes.
- Sets up and adjusts laboratory apparatus; operates any and all process equipment contingent upon completion of training.
- Be able to troubleshoot in a laboratory setting and apply problem-solving skills to in a scientific environment.
- Analysis, preparation and communication of collected data as directed.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area and equipment.
- Be able to calculate materials needed for reaction and control reaction temperature by proper adjustments of feed rates, cooling and/or heating.
- Records production sheets for assigned work.
- Maintain all necessary production, safety, inventory, training, and other records and/or logs as required, in written and /or computer format.
- Complies with all BRI environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of basic organic chemistry or related discipline.
- BS in Chemistry or related field and one + years’ in chemical laboratory work.
- Ability to use interchangeably metric and U.S. standards of weights and measures and its application in determining molar quantity and equivalents.
- Skill in the operation of laboratory equipment.
- Evaluate materials by odor.
- Ability to retrieve data entry information regarding processes, HMIS Codes, and QC information on company Network.
- Ability to maintain inventory records and may order equipment and/or raw materials.
- Proficient in MS Office and ChemDraw.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.